Thursday 28 May 2015

to the Bahamas-an island in the sun.

You may have read a little bit about my trip to Miami- one of the craziest places I have ever been. Whilst Miami was amazing, I decided to spend part of my two weeks there exploring further afield and where better than the beautiful islands in the Bahamas?!

We packed our bags for a six day cruise and headed towards the port...but not before tucking into a stereotypical American breakfast.


After making our way to the port of Miami and checking into our cabin we headed to the top deck to watch the city fade away behind us. The views of Miami were stunning, the residents are truly lucky to live here.

 As we got further out to sea, the cruise got into full swing. As complete newcomers to crusing we chose to book with NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line) and they did not disappoint. 24 hour food was available and flavoured water all day. All alcoholic drinks were at an additional charge but we were told this is standard on cruises and it did not bother me at all! The music was playing, drinks were flowing and people were laughing- it really was a great atmosphere.



 Upon heading towards the Bahamian capital of Nassau I caught sight of something that brought back childhood memories...

 The unbelievable Atlantis Resort Nassau towered over the seafront like a pink palace. Our guide told us legends such as Michael Jackson had their own suites there and yet all I could think of was a childhood Mary Kate and Ashley film named Island in the Sun! For one day only I was an Olsen twin!


 We ran onto the deserted island beach and spent the day sunbathing and sipping on coconut cocktails before jet skiing through the waves.


All of the islands were beautiful and after visiting the shores of Antigua, Barbados and Cancun in the past I can safely say that the Bahamas beaches are by far my favourite. They are just unbelievable.

I spent each morning waking up to a delicious American breakfast...

and every afternoon basking in the Bahamian sun.

We also explored the colourful streets and indoor markets whilst working on our tans and smelling the conch fritters in the air- a Bahamian delicacy.

I could've stayed there forever but I guess returning to Miami for a few more days could have been worse...

Have you ever been to the Bahamas? Where is your favourite beach in the world?

G x



No comments:

Post a Comment